- I bought the name brand of every product. Makeup, cleaners, food, etc. and now I think back at how silly that was (and wasteful). Now that we have to mortgages, bills, baby supplies and more I am more than willing to at least try to the store brand. I have figured out that store brand cranberry sauce is yuck and I am sticking with Coke Zero.
- Skin cancer is real and scary. I will not lay in tanning beds ever again and I wear SPF. I have never been told how WHITE my legs are until this summer which really has not bothered me.
- Science and math is what lands you a job. I have two degrees and I am struggling to find a job (however, I do have an interview with Compass Bank today).
- Money I wasted in college is gone, gone forever. Yes, I had a blast in Auburn (every Wednesday - Saturday night and my bank account paid for it).
- Quitting in the middle of something. My education degree in Auburn; I do have to admit I enjoyed the program at Montevallo 3000x better.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Things I have learned (wish I would have learned sooner)...
Just some things that cross my mind that I wish I would have figured out sooner. At the Auburn game I asked my dad why I never listened about sunscreen until I was 25 years old. Yes, it took that long. He said kids just have to learn on their own sometimes. I literally would burn to a crisp, peel and complain but I was too cool for sunscreen. I was baking myself in tanning beds and thought I could handle the "big, bad" sun. After the Auburn game I was still burnt even after SPF 30 and now I vow to wear SPF 50. Here are a few other thoughts...