Friday, September 2, 2011

Sleep Training-Day 2

6:13AM-Start Day
8:02-Nap
8:06-Silence
8:45-Cry
9:02-Took Out b/c hour was over and never went back to sleep

10:58AM-Nap
11:01-Cry
11:08-Silence
11:27-Cry-Silence
12:01-Awake

2:32PM-Nap
Cry
2:41-Silence
3:52-Awake

7:11PM -Bed
Fussing
7:19-Silence
10:26-Cry-Silence
5:28-Cry
5:33-Silence
5:41-Cry
5:44-Silence

*William continues to fuss and cry until finally my motherly instincts say, "Check on him."  Against the book (do not go until 6AM) I get him out of crib and I notice the sheet is damp.  I think he has been drooling and crying so the sheet is damp.  NO NO NO!!  William's diaper leaked!  When did this happen??  At 5:28 with the first cry??  Who knows?  Needless to say we were up for the day.  Due to this super early wake up call William was falling asleep in exersaucer by 7:30 this morning.  Another interesting story but I will leave that for tomorrow's post.

*Day 2 went well I thought.  Very little crying and I slept great all night.  I feel terrible about my sweet baby sitting in pee.  My overall opinion so far is the book is a great starting point for us.  I have learned that William needs to cry to learn self soothing and that he will LIVE through this.  However, by putting him to bed early his diaper has more pee (leaky diaper and wet sheets) and he is hungry sooner.  He is also not ready to begin his day that early i.e. asleep in jumper and fussing at solid food.  So I am a bit torn with what my next steps are in this process.  Feel free to give me advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment