And for fun the past three years. I can not believe we are on his third Halloween and next year there will be a baby sister in the mix!
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
So this is what is going on:
- I am in the third trimester...cannot believe it!
- I have gestational diabetes and I am finally getting the hang of the special diet that comes along with it.
- As of Monday I have not gained any weight (per doctor's scale) since my early September appointment. If it stays that way I better be in my normal jeans immediately after Hannah arrives. I mean after starving for the last 3 months of my pregnancy I do not think that is a major request.
- I will be going to the doctor weekly until delivery due to the GD. Good: check on baby more and Bad: making up lots of time at work.
- William talks about Hannah without us asking him about her. He wants to know when she will come home and even yells for her at night to come to her crib. He hugs and kisses my belly. When William sees girl clothes he knows they could be for sissy.
- I feel pretty good and not having heartburn right now. I remember with William I was eating Tums like they were candy. Maybe it is because I can not eat all the crap food I crave. You know, Wendy's, pasta, fries, etc.
- I have a breastfeeding class next week plus my FREE pump through my company will be here in December. I am making every effort to be more prepared this time around because I was not at all with the bud.
- Have not really done much with the nursery since Rudy finished the ceiling. This is probably due to the fact that the bud did not use it until he was about 10 weeks old.
- With the holidays around the corner I know Hannah will be here before we know it and all I can say is I am nervous about caring for 2 young ones but so excited I wish it was happening sooner!
Saturday, October 12, 2013
I went in for my first glucose test without a care in the world. I did not have it with William and did not have any concerns. So on Friday as I was napping on my lunch break my phone rings and its the doctor's office. She kindly said my test was a bit high and I need to come in for a second test that would last 3 hours. I was in such shock I did not even ask what my numbers were.
I scheduled the day off the following Monday and went in for my test. I asked about my first test and the lab tech said it came back at 171 and should have been under 130. Well that caused some concern. I had to stay for the entire time because the lady that ran the blood work results was going to be late. By the time I left I was starving! I went straight to Wendy's for the # 1 and thank goodness I did because the next day I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and put on a strict diet.
The highest level came back at 187. I immediately started the diet and basically count carbs everyday. Just like with any diet I have ever done give me a a week or so and I have it memorized. I know exactly what I can eat and eat the same foods all of the time. I honestly can say I feel better physically since watching my carbs. I am not near as drained in the evenings or cranky. I go Monday to have my levels checked and see my doctor. Hoping for a good report.
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Well today was the day: meet the dentist! I was impressed with how well he did. William ended up in my lap but they were able to count his teeth with the special tool. He has 20 teeth which is all he will get until his adult teeth come in later down the road. He did not like the taste of the paste they used but was not bothered by the tool. We got a great report and the only suggestion was to start flossing. We can add that to the list of things big boys do!
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Weight Gain: As of yesterday at home I have gained 2 pounds since my last visit. I will take it! After a 9 pound gain in one month I made some serious changes and feel good about the 2 pounds. I do have a growing baby girl in my belly so weight gain is expected. At this point my total is probably around 20 pounds with 14 weeks left. We will see if I stay within the "range."
Size of baby: Cucumber
William is Thinking: He helped assemble the crib. No really, he found a screwdriver and tried to put the screws in. William likes to go in "sissy's" room on a regular basis. He will play in the crib but knows it is for Hannah. He will say "Hannah" if asked.
How I Feel: I feel decent. Sleep is getting worse. I fall asleep quickly but after the first bathroom break I toss and turn for a while. Hannah is always kicking me and I love every second of it. I often find myself thinking of what she will look like, how she will act, if she will love like her big brother does. I am also trying to walk on breaks at lunch and stay active in the evenings. I have not had much indigestion recently and hope it stays that way. In the last few days all I have wanted to eat is sweet stuff. This means I have not eaten all of my meals; it just does not taste good. I am sticking to it and not over indulging in sweets.
Things to Come: We are still working on the nursery but not in a rush. This time around we know what to expect and we know having the nursery 100% complete is not necessary. 4D ultrasound is October 23! We did not do this with William and this could be our last chance. However, Rudy doesn't want to see it til after she arrives. We will see if he holds out! On a non Hannah note I am planning on potty training soon. William is getting better with the potty and I feel we are getting close to that time. Cross your fingers.