Thursday, October 25, 2012

4 Year Anniversary

I can not believe I am celebrating 4 years of marriage.  I also can not believe I am celebrating 4 years of marriage with an almost 2 year old in tow.  I am very proud of how far we have come in 4 years: I graduated, worked full time, bought a house, graduated again w/ a Master's in teaching, had the bud, and now working full time again.  Rudy has been working on the house ever since we bought it and I am so thankful for that.  Back to the marriage thing...

This time 4 years ago we were getting ready for the wedding, packing for Vegas, and pretty much chilling.  Now I am getting off work at 5, rushing to get Budsy, begging him to eat dinner, keeping him calm, and pretty much not chilling at all.  It is so funny how life changes in a blink of an eye (in a good way).  Our marriage has come a long way from when it started 4 years ago.  Even though we lived together before (don't judge) we learned a lot about one another after we married.  Of course, I will spare you the details.  I am still learning and Rudy is still learning.
I have learned to be a little more cheap frugal and Rudy has learned to accept the fact I get soda in restaurants.  Is marriage easy?  No, I am not going to sugar coat it for the blog.  Do we argue?  Uh-huh.  Do we laugh, joke and enjoy each other's company?  You betcha.  At the end of the day Rudy is my husband and I love him.  I work hard at our marriage and I like to think he does the same.  I will say we both have let the little things go.  Sometimes its just not worth arguing about.  Here is to 4 more years (this is not meant to be sarcastic)!



No comments:

Post a Comment