Monday, September 10, 2012

Show and Tell

1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some :)

Charlotte (after my Meme)
Kennedy

William Christopher (current child's name; after FIL and my late brother)
Douglas (my father's middle name)
Noah

2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}

Pottery Barn.  This is posted because the crib is gorgeous.

Pottery Barn.  I love the simpicity of this nursery.  Next time around I plan on a eye catching crib (above) and simple bedding.

3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?
We have William now (19 months) and would love another but we are not prepared financially.  I have heard from more than one person you are never ready financially but we are also going through possible career changes.  We will wait until all that is settled for the hubs.  I also prefer William to be potty trained or well on the way so another reason to wait.  We will for sure be preggo after William turns 4 because he will be in school the next year which would mean only one in daycare :)

4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
I think parenting is very important but takes a lot of patience.  I found myself showing frustration this weekend when William would not let me brush his teeth.  Parenting is being a role model and I should never show frustration.  I am the adult he is not and I have to be his model.  William is such a copy cat; he remembers everything.  The most important thing is for me to be on my best so he can be his best.

5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}

William- brand new in the hospital.


6. Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}
Always be a friend and worry he will hate me.  William will dislike me one day and maybe use the word hate (tears) but I can not let that make me quit being his mother.
Something I swore I would not do--take his dinner with us out so we could all eat in peace.
I hope I am never that parent that refuses to believe her kid is being the "bad" one in school.  It happens.




No comments:

Post a Comment