Sunday, January 6, 2013

23 Months





Hopefully his 2 year old picture in the chair will be perfection because this past year has been pretty comical.
 
  Let me begin by saying what all moms say, "Are you almost a 2 year old?"  I just looked at the date and thought to myself, he is 23 months old in 2 days, what?  As of right now he is refusing to sleep, William is a great sleeper and I do not know what his deal is this evening.  I usually begin these monthly updates a week or so before so I can remember everything.  Well, not the case being that today is the 3rd. 
  I better enjoy these next two monthly updates because I will no longer being doing monthly posts after 2.  Of course, there will be updates on our Bud but not planned each month.  This is where we are at 23 months old:

  • Lots of teeth-I did see another molar coming in the other day.  I believe there are 6 across the top and bottom.
  • 24 months or 2T clothes and Size 5 diaper day and night (could fit in 4 still; jumped the gun on that one)
  • Between 27 and 29 lbs. which has not really changed in months.
  • Size 7 shoe
  • Beautiful, straight blonde hair and big, blue eyes
  • Bedtime around 8pm and awake around 7pm.  Naps between 1 and 2 hours.  William naps longer at daycare or so his sheet tells us every day.  He also eats better there, ugh!! 
  • Speaking of eats our man ate his first McDonald's happy meal cheeseburger style.  He loved it!  Judge, judge because I am fine with him eating that on occassion.  Do you see his weight?  He loves fruits and veges; the boy needs a cheeseburger.  Not to mention his Mommy and Daddy love some fast food so of course our bud is jumping on that wagon.  My saying is, "moderation."  William also enjoys a nice bowl of soup, peaches, bananas, muffins, peas and carrots.  He has even started eating toast. 
  • Uses utensils better than me.  Started dumping food out when done--me screaming--why??
  • Picked up a few new words and I am not looking back to see if he has said them before so we have-"cheese," "eat" (only when prompted), "Elmo," "no" (not consistent), and maybe another one on occassion but not enough for me to note.  William has no issue with hearing us because he grunts but when we say what he wants he nods.  For example, he likes his food in bowls so he points at his food and cabinet because he needs a bowl.  We will ask, "Do you need a bowl?" He nods.  Anywho, we try and try.  William will speak when he wants to and I feel as long as he picks up new words we are on the right track.
  • Getting closer to potty training.  He knows what is done on the toilet, points to his diaper when he goes and lays on changing pad.  I can say, "Go lay on your monkey (on his pad)" and he will prance over (most of the time) and lay down for a change. 
  • Not a fan of the carseat and I pray our next kid will be.  Both of my dogs hated the car; is that sign that all my kids will?  Ha.  We do not use the stroller much anymore.  William is a good walker but not a hand holder (fits are thrown). 
  • He pokes you with his little finger, you turn around, and he looks like he just stole a cookie.  The expression is priceless.  William has now starting closing his mouth for kisses, loves a good morning hug, and will share food that he tasted but does not care for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment