Sunday, December 11, 2011

Still trying to get all better...

I made an appointment for William on Thursday (my late shift day) because his cough was getting worse not better.  Honestly I made the appointment just for peace of mind because I knew he could not be sick, AGAIN!  On Wednesday night I was very thankful that I had made that appointment because William starting running a low fever.  Really?  He did not sleep great that night and was in my bed around 5:30 in the morning.  He wanted desperately to sleep but kept picking his head up and crying.  Ear infection immediately entered my mind but it can not be possible because he ended his 2nd round of antibiotics Tuesday.  We get to the doctor (same one that diagnosed William with the 2nd e.i.) and he listens to his lungs and checks ears.  He has a double ear infection and needs a chest x-ray.  What????  Dr. Morgan says next time its a shot a day for 3 days and an appointment with the ENT.  Poor guy.  William has to get down to the diaper for the x-ray and be held straight as a board.  He does pretty well during the x-ray but seeing him on the table actually made me thankful that he is not any sicker than what he is.  This is tough on me but I know there are sicker babies and parents going through more than me.  I call the nurse when I get to work and William also has bronchitis but the augmentin (sp. ?) should clear that up as well.  He stayed home with Rudy Thursday and my parents Friday.  The cough is still BAD but I think his ears are feeling better.  He slept better last night and I pray he gets completely well.  I know babies get sick but William has not had a break since end of October.  If anyone has any suggestions on keeping babies well that go to daycare please let me know!!! 

Just FYI:  William has been battling a cold, ear infections, and cough since the end of October.  He is still pretty happy and loves crawling.  It is not like he is has been miserable for 6 weeks but the ears clear and then a few days later he is sick again.  I think this happens because he can not kick the runny nose.  I just wanted to make a note (more for myself) that William is still a smiley baby (for the most part). 

No comments:

Post a Comment