Sunday, November 27, 2011


I started work on October 24 and by Friday the bud had his first cold.  Then came a Sunday trip to the doctor to be diagnosed with his first ear infection.  He was on Amoxil for 10 days and during that time he developed his first cough.  We waited it out and went to his 9 month checkup November 18.  His doctor said his ears looked great and to give benadryl for the cough.  We continue to wait it out and by that Sunday he had his first fever, 101.3.  On and off for the whole week he was battling a fever.  Rudy and I assumed it was shots, teeth, and/or cold.  On Black Friday I had to work and Rudy kept William.  Rudy texted me and informed me William had been sleeping basically all day.  I freaked out because William FIGHTS naps and told him to check his temp.  Sure enough another fever.  I asked Rudy to call our doctor and of course they only work half a day on Black Friday.  Seriously?  I guess that is not the point.  I begin to think it could be an ear infection but we go on with our day on Saturday (I do not want to be the crazy Mama that goes to the dr. with everything).  All of that goes out the window after getting home from my parents Saturday night with William running a fever.  We give him tylenol and a bottle.  Then it goes from the window to the neighbor's house when he vomits.  This "crazy" mama calls the doctor as soon as they opened this morning.  By 9:30 we were getting him weighed (lost 1/2 lb. in a week) and by 10 we were diagnosed with his 2nd ear infection.  I really hope this new, stronger antibiotic helps our little guy because this is getting ridiculous. 

PS:  The guilt I have about working drowning me at the moment.  It is taking a lot of praying to get me through this and not to quit my job.  That would not help William in the long run. 

Another Fun PS:  William is full on crawling now.  It is the cutest thing I have ever seen; love it. 


  1. I'm so sorry Jennifer! I know it's just one thing after another. Praying that it soon gets better for William (and you) and that you don't have guilt about working. It's definitely hard being a working mommy.

    Also, I hope this isn't the case for you guys, but you may see some yucky side effects from the stronger antibiotic. We went through a series of ear infections last year and it was almost torture to get through the 10 days on the stronger dose.

    Hoping your little guy is back to normal soon!

  2. Thanks for taking the time to read about our troubles. I appreciate the prayers more than you know! :)