Thursday, May 1, 2014

4 Months-Hannah


  It seems like Hannah is getting bigger by the day.  She went from size 1 to 2 diapers literally overnight!  Mostly wearing 3 to 6 months clothing.  Hannah is still on 5 oz. bottles 6x a day; sometimes gets 6 oz. at bedtime.  
  Speaking of bedtime that's hit or miss.  She will sleep from around 8 to 5ish several nights then gets restless.  I honestly don't think it's hunger; I think she just wants to get up.  No mam!  Hannah is no longer sleeping completely swaddled but I have kept her tummy wrapped with her feet in the sack.
  Naps are horrible!!! Bless her heart!  Hannah cat naps all day at school then maybe a short one at night.  I think this may be part of her bedtime issues.  She is so exhausted and has trouble relaxing. There isn't really much I can do because she is at daycare all week.  I plan on putting her in the crib at nap time on weekends but we are always on the go!
  We went for her checkup and I asked tons of questions.  Her doctor doesn't promote cry it out until at least 6 months which I agreed with.  She suggested soothing, paci, etc. but don't jump right to a bottle.  Dr. Stewart said solid foods are fine and that we can skip oatmeal.  Her formula has added rice starch so I'm probably going to finish the oatmeal I bought then start purées!  She took her shots like a champ; didn't cry barely at all. 
  Hannah is developmentally on track...  Once we can get the nap thing figured out we will be golden!! 
  Hannah is the perfect piece to complete our family puzzle.  She is laid back most of the time (esp. for not napping like she should) and a complete blessing.          Hannah still searches for William and watches him while he plays.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment